The decision is here, the Prime Minister of Canada has decided to ‘approve’ a dirty pipeline to be inserted through pristine lands to feed dirty sludge to the coast of British Columbia, Canada from the ever-growing toxic wastelands of the tar-sands.
Surely the picture above is as close to a living hell that we can get. It appears that the devil has made his decision to increase the size of hell and attempt to take the rest of life with it.
The saving grace in all of this, is that my email inbox is full of emails from concerned groups intent on stopping these destructive plans.
- First Nations issued this statement.
- The organisation “Sum of Us” launched this petition.
- The Green Party of Canada issued this statement and petition.
- The Dogwood Initiative strengthened their path to a Citizens Initiative, pushing for a democratic vote on this.
- Forest Ethics asked for your donations.
- A local organisation, Clayoquot Action published an inspiring piece about how we can come together to achieve great things.
It’s time to Stand United
The links above are only just a handful of what’s happening and there are countless organisations jumping all over this. With all this attention and powerful desires to stop this pipeline and turn governments on to a more sustainable energy future, I have great hope that amazing things can be achieved.
Obama recently called for a larger area of protection in the Pacific Ocean, so we know some things are heading in the right direction. We just need to convince those mis-guided ‘leaders’ amongst us.
So if there’s one thing you do today it would be add your name to this list and start talking to others about the biggest bad decision of our generations time.